View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 07:20 PM

Default 5/10 river bluff raise

Hi all, this hand took place against a pretty well known 5/10 and 10/20 regular but I'm not sure if he'd appreciate me naming him. At the time I thought it was a good bluff because I've been playing very tight on the turn and river and rarely making moves on the turn let alone the river.

Only problem is that representing the FH is not going to happen because I don't think anyone would slowplay a set that hard on that board. On the river when he continues betting, it really looks like he's actually the one who hit the flush. My only hope is to make him think I have a higher flush which is likely but very hard for him to fold. Plus a lot of the time I would raise a FD in position against this guy. Its either that or he is on complete air. Additionally, a fold on the turn would be best because I doubt I have implied odds.

So all comments welcome, I am always looking for ways to improve.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $970
UTG+1: $1000
CO: $1060
Hero: $2845.25
SB: $2165.75
BB: $1318

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $40</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($90, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $57</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($204, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $145</font>, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($494, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $399</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1000</font>