View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #1 Flop

This is how i see the hand playing out.

Option 1 - You bet 1200. (Standard Continuation)
I expect MJ to call with all top pairs and midpairs and depending on the hand of CO, wether he has hit his set or got an open ended draw or not, he is going to push or fold. Then on the turn, hopefully having a club, jack, or ace hit, when MJ checks to you you check behind him. Reason for this is that even if MJ has hit a monster such as a set you have that extra club to possibly come on the turn, or maybe even a chance to fill in a possible straight draw. ALso this hides your preflop raise and continuation bet and makes it seem like you raised with nothing and are scared of the flop. On the river I expect to check/call with any TP, and bet out my flushes/straights, twopairs etc.

Option 2 - Check behind him. Doing this you have to know that you are going to get action on the turn. MP will probably now bet out his TP or MP and CO will push or fold depending again on his sets, twopairs. If he hasnt hit his draw here i probably expect him to fold. If the turn is a pretty card such as a J, or a club i would call any bet for half/pot because implied odds and range of MP might be a bit loose.

Final Point - We are going to fold to any push from CO.