View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Bug problem in my apartment complex (Las Vegas int he summer)

I think it's Vegas. My house is similar. I've only seen one inside my house so far but there are plenty outside.

I'm a little girl when it comes to bugs so I'm not happy with this situation either. I've continually sprayed and that seems to work for a couple of days but it also causes headaches for my girlfriend and me. Not to mention the dog doesn't like it.

Exterminators can spray once a month for around $30. If things get much worse, I'm going to go that route.

Cockroach killing strategy:

The Roundup bug killing spray is mediocre. If you spray them directly they still run around for a bit and can possibly touch you which is gross. I generally see the carnage for approximately a week after I spray around the house. After that, they seem to come back with no problems.

The Raid blue can spray stuff works pretty good. It doesn't provide a "barrier" around the house for any period of time. But it does kill them pretty quickly if you spray them directly. They usually die within a few feet of where they were sprayed. If you have the flying roach [censored] like I do, they can still fly for a couple of feet before careening to their death. Bonus points because when you spray them, they stay in the same area but they'll twitch for a day or so. The thought that I'm torturing these little basards brings me great happiness. Although I truly doubt they feel anything.

Next step is going to be trying an aerosol spray and a lighter. I've got to be careful not to burn the house down though. I'll let you know if it works good.