View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: OT.. Holy COW, Variance is a Monster!!

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I've decided to focus my attention on STT's, I started at the $11 on party.

I quickly jumped up over 60 buyins!! This was awesome. I felt like I had a 14 inch penis, I could not be touched, I am the next Doyle Brunson. I was having a blast, playing usually only 2 tables at a time, enjoying a 60% ROI for my first 100 or so tourneys!! In my mind, I wasn't getting lucky, my hands were just holding up, and the fish were getting punished..

Well the last week and a half has been HORRIFIC. At one point I was down 40 buyins!! I have lost more hands than I could ever imagine where I was a 85%+ fav. on the flop.. Over pairs losing to 5 outers, multiple runner runner hands.. Whatever, you've all been through it, but WOW!! I keep telling myself it's gonna get better, but holy crap!! One problem is that i haven't been playing at the best times, and my internet connection konks out sometimes at key points in tourneys.. These things suck, and can be expensive.

I have donated some chips here and there where I won't let go of TPTK even though I "know" he's got the big over pair, or has me outkicked..

Anyway, I think my biggest leak is coming down at the wire. I have come in 4th place a whole bunch.. It seems like sometimes I'm not bullying when I'm the big stack, and when i'm sort of in the middle, perhaps I'm playing a bit too tight.

I've been reading this forum a bit now, and it seems like the general advice is to keep pushing in LOW M situations.. Perhaps I've just been getting unlucky there, but it seems like this has not been too profitable..

I've read HOH2, but do not have a copy handy now, as its at my parents house.. I do not have easy access to books like "Kill Phil" right now, as I am in a remote location.

But, any pointers y'all could give me on the end-game would be appreciated.

TYVM,

Beer$$

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="black"> </font> i haven't been playing at the best times <font color="red"> </font>

when is the best times to play?