View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 07:05 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller
Default Re: What would you like to see covered in the upcoming SSNL book?

[ QUOTE ]
coltrane,

What games do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've pretty much run the gamut on stakes and types of NL games.....several years ago when I was learning poker, I started by playing NL (I never played Limit) online - from $25 PP to $200 PP - and then I really learned the ropes by playing in a $.50/$1 NL uncapped home game......it was a great experience to have a regular game to experiment with different things in.....the players were service industry types with cash to throw around and they LOVED to gamble.....stacks would get deep (sometimes more than 500bb's) and I was really lucky to be able to learn in a game with stacks that deep for small stakes.....

for the past two years I've made my living playing NL Hold'em.....prior to Hurricane Katrina, my regular game was an uncapped 5/5 NL game at Harrah's New Orleans.....after the storm, I lived in Vegas for 5 months and played regularly in the Wynn uncapped 5/10 and 2/5 games and in the Bellagio 10/20 and Commerce 10/20 games.....after moving back to New Orleans (and prior to starting on the book), I was playing mostly 10/25 live shorthanded and full-ring games......

in the past 9 months I've also really gotten into online NL.....I've often used online NL as a way of experimentation with different ideas and strategies.....I think it's fun in a different kind of way.....since the start of writing the book, I've been playing in many various games (some for fun, some for research) online from 1/2NL to 10/20NL - full ring, a lot of 6-max, and shorthanded all the way down to heads-up......I also have a couple students that I've been coaching and using as guinea pigs for research, and they play in online and live games from $.10/.25 to $1/2 and I monitor them......

I also like blondes, long walks on the beach, ..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]