View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 03:33 AM

Default Re: \"ZOMG I\"M DRRNUK!!!\"

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot to mention, actually, that my preferred break up drink isn't actually bourbon. At the time, I was just too drunk to remember my traditional drink. I usually go for a bitter, herbal liqueur when things go south, specifically Chartreuse. Nothing like a strong, bitter, green drink for a guy who's bitter, green w/ envy, and needs something strong. I like it in either the Drink without a Name, (2 oz vodka, 1/4 oz Cointreau, dash of Chartreuse, stirred w/ ice and strained) or an Emerald Martini (1.5 oz gin, 0.5 oz dry vermouth, dash of Chartreuse, again stirred w/ ice and strained). If you're feeling rather adventurous in your drinking, look it up. Bourbon, however, is a good second choice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Chartreuse is a little sweet for the obligatory angry-drunk that'd go with this sort of breakup, at least for my tastes. One way or another, I think I'd end up with whiskey. While I generally go for something else, Jack Daniels seems like a good option here - there's something sort of cathartic about swigging it from a 1.75.