View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Am I the only one that can\'t finish TOP?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I must have given up on reading TOP 5 times now and of course I can't remember a thing I've learned from it for this reason. Does anybody else find this book an extremely difficult read? I've read my other books many times over (SSHE, HGIYLH, HEFAP, The Tao of Poker) but TOP just does not grab me... maybe because I play very little poker outside of Hold Em and the book frequently cites hand examples from other types of poker. I dunno? Is it just me?

[/ QUOTE ]

People say this a lot, but I don't really get it. The first few chapters of TOP were actually what drew me in to poker; I finally could understand exactly how it was a game of skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. I read a copy I picked up from the library imediately following Play Poker like the Pros and just ate it up. I had barely played poker at all by that point and that is how I found 2+2 and my obsession with poker.

BTW I think that the examples are simple enough that the fact they are in different games still allows for easy translation to understanding the basic concept. I didn't even know how to play stud or raz etc but could still easily understand the examples

Greg