View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: astroglide\'s three questions for david sklansky

[ QUOTE ]

SCENARIO: FIVE YEAR-OLD KIDS. You are in an enclosed area, roughly the size of a basketball court. There are no foreign objects. - You are not allowed to touch a wall. - When you are knocked unconscious, you lose. When they are all knocked unconscious, they lose. Once a kid is knocked unconscious, that kid is "out." - I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans. - The kids receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down one adult. You will receive one hour of "counter-tactics" training. - There is no protective padding for any combatant other than the standard-issue cup. * The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to take you down.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I think of it is this: clones of me trying to take out a Goliath. Given that we are all suicidal (don't care about being injured or killed) and no holds barred "rules", the correct way to take Goliath down is to surround him and slowly approach him until about 5-10 feet away, at which point he'd make an attempt to counter-attack. While he's fending off 3-5 of us, the rest bumrush his knees and bite him, Mike Tyson style.

Sklansky wouldn't even be able to take out 10 of them.