View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Serious moving to Vegas question- What car to get.

[ QUOTE ]
I bought an 06 Mazda 3 when I moved out here...I put 4K down and my monthly payment is like $250...

you don't need a flashy car, you get a BMW, somebody else has a Porsche or Ferrari, its not worth it...so you're always going to be competing with richer people

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to have the nicest car on the block, but I do think there is something to be said when you're a professional poker player for showing some degree success. I'm sure it's different out in Vegas when stating your occupation compared to D.C. where every girl is career-oriented.

I've never been the least bit superficial (as evidenced by driving my '86 chevy celebrity, even though it does only have 34k miles on it!, great aunt/handmedown upon graduation) although being new to money, driving a new car, and going clubbing regularly might end up changing that. What can I say, standing out in line for an hour like a doofus is the most awful experience imaginable, but having the bouncers part the seas for you rocks and rings style does sure feel nice.