View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Question in $225 Stars Turbo hand.

I'd never in my life limp JTo preflop in EP. Maaybe JTs, KQs occasionally just to mix up my game, but in $555s and $225s the players just aren't generally bad enough to pay off their stack with like AJ on JT2 boards.

Another fundamental principle people don't really think about (even in large buyin sngs!) is that JT is really only a good hand for cracking AA-QQ, & maybe AK. And against AK you have to really catch a miracle flop to be a huge favorite vs. it.

The serious problem is that if one of your opponents just happens to act after you with one of these hands, they're obviously going to raise you a large amount. Do you really want to limp JTo then call 120-200 more with it? If so you have huge leaks.

It doesn't do that well against worse hands that limp behind you, because when you flop 2 pair or a straight, you're generally not going to get any action because what hand will really give you enough action on JTx a great % of the time to warrant the PF call?

Also, if the flop comes J32, are you really planning on check-folding this hand a great % of the time? If so, that's probably a leak too. Anyways there's obviously a lot of things wrong with the JTo limp that I don't think people really pay attention to.