View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Men\'s Wimbledon Early Prices

I had real trouble finding old tennis odds. The 2005 odds I quoted were from a bbc preview article from last year. I was unable to find 2004 prices.

Nadal is now unbackable in any event, since he's not played that well at Queens and who knows how serious his shoulder injury is.

I am more concerned that you are about Federer's performance over the past couple of days, though I am probably biased by wanting to look for chinks in his armour as my initial instinct was to fade him at that price. However, there's simply no one to take him on with. Roddick's too short, imo, and Hewitt/Nalbandian don't look particulary dangerous.

I've come around to the thinking in this thread, that -200ish is probably fair, but I won't be backing at that price. I doubt he's going to get much shorter before the draw. I am watching to see if he loses this weekend with a view to backing him if the odds loosen up, but I doubt they will move very much.

Also, thanks for giving more analysis than "Federer's really good." I think we can all agree on that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]