View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Question in $225 Stars Turbo hand.

I disagree that an unsuited connector that you only play for two pair or better is going to lose you money here. He limped after a limper. If he was open limping, I would think it a poor idea. His position is marginal and if he was on the button, I do think it is a good play.
Also, I like people to be limping. When I have a big hand and make a ridiculously large raise, someone or two of them will call. I will get paid off. To encourage people to limp, I will limp along with them and play some poker. I feel like my results are better if I give some action. It is hard to quantify this effect though.

By the way, I am a substantial winner level 1 and 2 with JTo from PT which almost certainly means I am making money with it.

Having said all of this, I can't make any argument why someone who would fold it should call with it, so it can't be a great play or even a good one. However, you can make money playing hands like this and I like money.

BTW, Travesty, I've played with you a good bit. Don't take this the wrong way, but I can usually put you on a hand very easily. You may want to change that. However, if you like your earn as is, you probably don't want to change things up.