View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Re: TJ Cloutier\'s new book

I just skimmed it but are some random thoughts about the book:

The format of the book is 'this is how to play a small/medium/large stack when there are three tables left, when there are 2 tables left, the final table, 6 handed, 3handed, and headsup.' Much of the advice doesn't change all that much from chapter to chapter so a lot of information is repeated.

TJ is much tighter than Harrington when pushing with small M's. Harrintgon believes the chances that everybody will fold it make correct to push with anything near playable while TJ only slightly lowers his standards from opening with a large stack.

TJ is very tight from the BB. He says that if CO or button open raises then the BB should fold hands such as KQo and QTs even when both players high big stacks.

TJ's advice for playing headsup when you are behind in the chips is insane tight. He says you should only play Ax, two face cards, or pairs from the small blind while Harrington says you can complete with any two cards as long as the BB is very aggressive preflop.

It's possible some of the things I'm writing about were read out of context as I only read the entirety of a couple chapters but my first impression of the book is that it is not worth buying.