View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Re: The case for government

[ QUOTE ]
You realize that that's basically the status quo, right? The government has, um, a monopoly on road provision. They own all the roads!

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw boro make the same argument. Do you not see the difference between a government owning all the roads and a person owning all the roads?

Now, whether or not you are happy with how any particular government conducts business, they are a not-for-profit organization (with some of them being VERY not-for-profit).

If a single person owned all roads in an area, it is in their interest to drive up all the prices since they want to make as much as possible. Since the government is non-profit, it is not in their interest to charge more than is necessary to complete the task.

Also, about education. I know you guys are for privately funded schooling. I assume that means that schools will be developed, and people will pay to attend them, yes? If so, how are the children of the pooer partents going to get educated?

Also, Ill bring this up again: air pollution. Without a governing body, what prevents companies from excessively polluting?