View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 12:40 AM

Default Re: NL $100...big check re-reraise w/ tptk

I forgot to mention the co was playing like a bit of a maniac, a LAA...56/35/3 over last 150 hands...I had zero respect for his pot bet.

I mentioned the button is a SLAA - a good, tricky player. I knew that his raise didn't mean the nuts, and most likely he was trying to just win the pot. (If he was a moron I would insta-fold this hand...)

Like I said I generally bet the pot here and take it down - but I knew it wouldn't check around, I felt I had the best hand, and felt I could get more value out of it by c/r and either 1) winning the pot right there or 2) winning a BIG pot against KQ/QJ.

I would agree with what some of you said that my line leads to me playing for all my stack (obviously) and pot betting - calling/folding later would be safer, but I'm not convinved that line has more ev.

Anyway...turns out button had Q9 spades. On the flop I was about 54% to 46%. He hit it of course, on the turn.

I'm not sure I would have pushed if I were him...he was getting the right odds with me having AQ but the way I played it I would put me on set or a higher flush draw...scary possibilities for his hand.

Anyway, knowing the result I'm glad I didn't pot bet this time. I would have had to fold at a later street, and saved money, but I would have had NO chance to win the pot.