View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 12:04 PM

Default Re: This is why you don\'t slowplay quads.

[ QUOTE ]
PLEASE BE MORE RESULTS ORIENTED BY SAYING HE MIGHT HAVE AN OVERPAIR.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess you missed the part where that was listed as PART OF A RANGE OF HANDS. Sure it is not a large component, but it is definately a fraction.
[ QUOTE ]

You're almost never going to get action on this board either way - people aren't going to be 3-betting QJ here.

Also I don't know why it's so bad that it looks like we have trip 5s. It's not like somebody in this game is going to bet/fold the turn with a queen here if we raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
As far the rest of this, in general we get way more money from flush draws by raising this flop because we give them a chance to get 3-4 bets in on a big street if the get there, plus we often charge them an extra small bet when a draw checks the turn (yes we gain an 1 sb when we call the flop and raise the turn and he has a draw).

Also, there is a good chance all pp's less than QQ will call us down to river, but will bet/fold the turn and thus by raising the flop with get 1.5 more bb's. If a Queen will never bet/fold the turn AND will never 3-bet the flop against us then I agree your line nets us an extra 1 sb. Given the whole of his hand range I think it is easy to see though that raising the flop is superior in that we stand to gain a ton more money from all other non top pair hands.