View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Re: CNN anchor salaries

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they READ the news. Off of a teleprompter. They don't make the news, they don't investigate and discover the news. They just read it. No difference between what they do and if you were to read - outloud - this very paragraph.

If they make more than $40,000 a year (obviously, they do) it's too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think about 95% of the anchors in Hollywood just say lines they memorized... is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you meant to say "actors" instead of "anchors". If you can't see the difference between what actors do and what newscasters do, you probably shouldn't be posting anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did mean actors.

Dominic said news anchors are no different than any one of us, reading the news copy.

I should have asked if he also believes actors are no different than any of us, reading or saying lines of dialogue.

I *do* think actors are better at what they do than random lay people would be, and I also *know* that news anchors are very skilled at what they do. It's not just reading scripts you know... there is a lot of ad-libbing and adjusting on the fly, as the news can and does change in the middle of a newscast.

Of course, there are some no-talent bimbos out there in the news world and the acting world.