View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 09:09 AM

Default Re: \"What decision do I make now?\" : Math will not get you there

[ QUOTE ]
On that we can agree. The decision cited by Utah still comes down to a decision on what is the action that leads to the best possible gain (or at least it should). However, clearly your personal win rate, has nothing to do with the decision.

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly my point. If it doesnt help you then it is just noise. As a player I only care about maximizing each Pw(A/B). Thus, I never ever need win/loss stats.

[ QUOTE ]
Similarly, if his system is really better than what he was using in the past then this better be based on some actual hard data rather than just his opinion, if he wants to convince others that he is right.

[/ QUOTE ]I already convinced others I was right and raised a lot of investor funds awhile back to build it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The original discussion on the other thread wasnt meant as a, "I have invented something better" discussion. I also didnt say data couldnt be used. Rather, I said it couldnt be solved mathematically. The info is fuzzy so we use lots and lots of neural nets instead. Now, that is nothing totally new in itself. However, we use them in a unique way and we dont suffer from some of the limitations that other net approaches suffer from.