View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Harrington on Holdem III Discussion Group

I don't feel comfortable enough with my knowledge of the culture here to start the group, but I will definately participate if anyone else wants to start it. I'd even be willing to help manage it, but I would prefer someone else actually set up.

I am writing down all of my answers, but I am taking care to avoid including specifics from the book. I think you need the book to understand my answers. I am slowly posting these answers to my blog too. If Mr Harrington or anyone from 2+2 feels these violate their copyrights I will cheerfully remove them.

I am currently up to question #20. Following is my answer for #19.
===============================================
Problem #19
q19a: A
Yuck. Gus is in the hand. He offers great implied odds. But if I call then Allen will have great odds to call. But Allen's M is only 4! Allen doesn't have enough to play after the flop so if he would call then he would jam instead. I need to make 7.5 odds after the flop if I make my set. If it is just Gus and me, I need to make back 8k. Gus might give that to me, but Allen can ruin those odds. I'm going to let this one go.

Hero calls.

q19b: C
I have to call 2700. I do my 7.5 figure again. Now it is 20k. The pot has 10k so I need 10k more. If I bet while Allen is all-in, Gus is going to interpret that as a strong hand and fold (because I am not doing the check-down implicit collusion thing). But it is only a pot bet I need to get. And my 7's might hold by themselves. Still, I am leaning towards folding.

Alternatively, I could jam and try to get into a heads up situation against Allen. I actually like that idea. Gus raises with a lot of hands. I have $15k and can offer 1.6:1 odds. I also have enough to make Gus nervous. I'm going to take a shot here and jam.

Hero calls.

q19c: A
No set, no bet.

Score: 0+4+3