View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Theory - EP in Full Ring

[ QUOTE ]
RUSE,

Yeah, it is possible to argue that you won't win the hand as often as when you are shorthanded than when you are multi-way, but that's not really the point. When you've got a hand like A7s or 76s, you're not really looking to flop a pair, you're looking to catch a big hand that can make a big pot. Implied odds are tremendous in multi-way pots, simply because its so much more likely that someone else catches a piece with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have to agree with you here. And it has been long since i've sat at a FR table. This sort of flashed through my mind when i was writing the post late last night and prompted the writing of the final paragraph. There ARE huge differences between the two (FR and 6max) and this I need to compensate for. I may try to get reacquainted with FR as it definitely has depths to it I hadn't realized fully before.

[ QUOTE ]
To everyone else:
The hands like AJs and KQs also don't fair too well when you raise it because you're most likely to be beaten when you are called. Now this can be argued at a very loose table, and I'm sure you can pick which table situations make it right to raise or limp, but generally even the live ones tighten up significantly when you raise. What you DON'T want is that everyone folds their KTo and QJo, because you're so far ahead of them and can often score 2 or 3 bets while facing no resistance. A raise from EP gets people to fold the hands you beat, and call with the hands that beat you are have live draws against you.

I really do think that your 6-max playing has "clouded" your judgement for full ring, especially EP... you either advocate SUPER tight playing or super loose-aggressive playing like you're playing 6-max. There is a comfortable middle-ground in full ring.

[/ QUOTE ]