View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 09:24 PM

Default Re: (2/4) AAds, Did I get any street right?

My donkey thinking on each street:

Preflop: I was thinking this is such a good drawing hand and with no low card I don't necessarily want to limit the field and try to have my AA hold up, just seemed like a big pot hand. Given the position of the pfr I think a reraise was in order.

Flop: I wasn't sure I had an equity advantage given that any card that doesn't pair the board puts a straight or a low out there but I guess with that number of players out there was value in 3-betting.

Turn: I really should have bet out the turn and would have done so but I think I was playing too many tables and steaming because the Party SNGs were down again. Betting out gives me a chance to protect my hand since the Lag will raise for sure.

River: Fiacso, very astute on your river, I would have raised a board that put only one straight out there but with that number of callers I was questioning even over-calling which was obviously correct given the odds...results to follow.

The lag (75/15/2.4) on my left really took a toll on me in this game. I don't think position was the problem as he was usually just isolating himself against me when I had better cards but he sure did catch and I had trouble giving him credit for a hand:

Party Poker
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, 4 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 18BB

Of course he has AA this time.