View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Theory - EP in Full Ring

[ QUOTE ]
Newuser said:
As long as you're not likely to face a big raise, limping early often encourages a windfall effect and encourage other limpers, which helps your hand out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The above in reference to open limping a drawing hand (such as T8) up front. This phenomenon doesnt help your hand out at all. You've got a drawing hand and therefore want position and most of all initiative. Unless you're just there waiting to flop your share of 'good hands' and be done with poker.

Sure, when everyone limps behind you, you get sweet sweet (limitpokerlike) odds to continue with the hand when you flop a draw and someone behind you bets (smallish) and a couple of yokels come with. But that's not what you want to play NL for is it? The thing about NL is maximizing all the possible potential the game has to offer to make the other guy screw up. I can recognize precious little of that attitude in this strategem.

I don't know, maybe i've playing 6max too long and is this endemic to one of those hybrid pokerforms you get when you put too many people together in one game. I don't mean to say there is anything wrong with that. I'm sorry for sounding like that if i did.