View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Overcards hand from review session

First of all I want to thank writser for taking the time to review my hands. He did a good work and I value his input. This is a hand where we differed in opinion on postflop play and I'd like others to weigh in with the hope that I learn something.

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: OrigamiSensei is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, OrigamiSensei calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, OrigamiSensei checks.

Here's our conversation on the hand:

--- WRITSER: I'd bet on the flop to get some donks out and to buy a freecard on the turn. Getting C/R'd would suck though, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

OS SEZ&gt; I'm getting my free card now. Why should I "buy" one with such a marginal hand? Getting c/r'd would REALLY suck in this case when all I have is a gutshot and two crappy overs. (Late note: and a crappy BDFD)

-- WRITSER: I tend to disagree. With this bet, you can see the river for 1 small bet, you buy yourself outs AND you might even pick up the pot right here.Yes, getting C/R'd sucks but that doesn't happen a lot at these limit. If you check, someone IS going to donk the turn and then you don't have the odds to call.

With fewer opponents, say 2 or 3, I think writser has a point. With 6 opponents I can't imagine doing anything but taking the free card and getting the heck out if I don't improve on the turn.

Discuss.