View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 09:15 AM

Default Re: some hands that i would like to get feedback on

Hand 1: I think bet again on the turn. If you face resistance then you can drop here. He might have an ace. Say that he bets into you on the turn, I think a raise would be in order to see where you are. You will either take it down there or if he calls the raise then you can just check down the river. But that situation didnt happen... so I say another 3/4 pot bet on the turn would have been my only change here.

Hand 2: Played fine after the flop with the scary board IMO. Personally I would have folded preflop as there were others to react to the raise after you (could get re-raise)... I am just a bit biased as I hate to play 22 and 33 unless I am in position or have fabulous read on someone... just from my own PT stats I get crushed with 22 and 33... I think you played it fine after getting into the pot however.

Hand 3: Again, I think a bet on the turn of $6 or $7 would be in order here... or if you prefer the check behind on the turn I would give him a raise on the river to see how strong his 10 is (I think thats what he would have here and not the other 9). I think you should continue to show strength unless he makes a play to convince you otherwise. If he raises your turn bet then you can just call down or fold...

Hand 4: I say dont limp with this hand because unless the flop smacks you in the face (which it kinda did here) then you have to drop or make a bluff. My opinion would be to fold or raise preflop. I think how the hand is played, you should have put out a bet on the flop (half pot) and then turn bet gives you a little more info I think (an A would raise you at that point probably or some other hand may just fold if they know they are going to have to pay up on the river as well)... and then if resistance on river you can think of the fold with the crappy kicker... just my opinion...

Hand 5: I think you were fortunate that no overcards came on flop... again, with such a large preflop raise I would personally fold 55 in early position.

I am in no way a pro nor do I make a living or any kind of significant money with poker so these are just my 2 cents worth of opinion on your hands... your play may be correct, as you had some good results with how it worked out but just wrote down some things that came to mind when I read your HH. Good luck.