View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 04:59 PM

Default Re: The refs have drastically favored the Heat so far.

You guys can argue about this until you're dead, but it doesn't look like either side is going to budge. I'm a pretty big Pistons fan. Since I don't live in an area with major pro teams, I have an overall favorite team and one other favorite in the other conference. Detroit has been my east favorite for years.

They were not the better team this year. I thought they were, but they weren't. Blame their problems on whatever you like, but those problems were bad enough to make the Heat the better team. I think it's worth saying again that a big part of being the better team is playing up to your abilities when it matters the most.

As I see it, there are a couple of recent series/teams that can actually provide a somewhat interesting discussion:

Pistons - Heat LAST year
Mavs - Spurs this year

But not Heat - Pistons this year. Claim regular season wins all you like, but the regular season isn't that important in a discussion like this. So... the Pistons were good in the regular season but not in the playoffs. Should we just try to split the difference? No, I think we give more weight to the more important and telling part of the year.

I hope next year the Pistons rebound and become the best team in the East again, but they do need some work.