View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 07:54 AM

Default Re: NOTHING INTERESTS ME...Motivational problem or LIFE problem???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
An internet board of psych dilletantes is probably not the place to asking this question. Do some research on "ennui", which is related to but not the same as depression. There may some recent research on sleep disorders and ennui, so if you have unusual sleep patterns (eg you are always screwing with your circadian rhythms that may be a place to start. If you are still in school a trip to the school psychologist would be my suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your point, but my line of thinking is that there are many young poker players here on two plus two many very intelligent...

maybe someone is feeling or has felt the same way at some point...

thats why I thought it was appropriate even though you do not think so

anyway...like I said it's not depression...I've never sufferred from any type of psychological disorder (hell, I have a B.S. in psychology from one of the best schools in the country)

it's merely the fact that I want to work and make money, but I also want to retain my self-respect. But at the same time I guess I’m just not convinced that embracing the institutional foundations for contemporary life is an attitude that lends itself to happiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is the question exactly?

Are you content or not?

Are you willing to take steps to change or not?