View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Keith Sexton article

I dont really like most of this advice to be honest, but I'm no pro.
It would be helpful to know what limits/ante he is talking about but, depending on his position, i think a lot of times his 868 example hands should be hitting the muck, not calling a raise from a queen door. Suitedness makes it nicer, but still he makes it seem like his standard play is to call an underpair/poor kicker here.

In example 2, is he really advocating waiting until 5th for the sole reason that if you catch your 4-outer boat on 5th you wont get any action? This is ridiculous IMO. If you have a chance to knock people out with 2 small pair I think you have to take it, not wait so that the few times when you hit your monster you get action.

In the Kings example, does he really think the queens are going to fold to a raise on 3rd in an online game? this happens maybe 5% of the time. He is just asking for a multiway suckout when 3 people call behind after he smooth calls. Chances are that someone behind or the bring in might call as well as the queens if you raise, leaving you in a nice spot.

EDIT: I just read Perry Friedman's original article about 3rd street and it is about as worthless as they come. Are there a lot of games going on full tilt?