View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 03:59 PM

Default Re: French Open (WTF?)

Out of your champions list, there's a very good chance Federer could win this year. He's been pushing Nadal harder and harder each time, down to a thrilling 5-set tiebreaker ending in their last match. Federer is absolutely incredible, his game is incomparable, probably the most well rounded talent in the sport ever.

That being said, I think Nadal takes it down again. The man is just unstoppable on clay. But I am really hoping to watch a Federer-Nalbandian semifinal and a Federer-Nadal title match, which would be great tennis. I think there's a strong chance we get that finals matchup.

For darkhorses, I like Ferrer to go far, with a good shot at the semi's. 2 other up and coming guys I like are Almagro and Monfils, but they're stuck in the same portion of the draw. I think Almagro has a good shot at upsetting the 8-seed Blake (sucks if all the Americans go down early like always, though). I like whoever makes it out of that area (Almagro, Monfils, Blake) to get to the quarter's against Nadal.

Anyone else here watch tennis, and have any thoughts on who will win or do well?