View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Moving companies - whats your experience?

Well, I had a company-paid move a few years ago. They moved everything for me, including my car, cross-country. I had nothing broken, lamps, TV, etc all made it the whole way with no damage.

Now, I have to say, I was living pretty spartan in a one-bedroom apartment, with nothing really fancy. IKEA lamps, pretty basic furniture, etc, but again, these guys got it all cross-country with no damage at all. They showed up with all the basics necessary to get my stuff out of my apartment (boxes, packing material, etc), and did seem to take reasonably good care of my stuff as they moved it away. I did have a pretty heavy 27-inch sony TV (the thing weighs a friggin' ton, mid-90s vintage big-tube TV), and if you use that as the benchline, well, it made it from Delaware to Seattle without a scratch.

Oh, and they showed up at my apartment, and were the most efficient 'get-it-all-in-a-box-and-get-out' team I've ever seen. They literally tore through my apartment and had everything I owned at the time out and in the truck in like 40 minutes. And well-packed, too.