Thread: 27/14 people
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: I\'m not one of THOSE people

Same here, I have about 25/20 stats, there is no reason to just call raises since you will be left looking stupid on the river or check-folding flops most of the time when you just call. Only call with those sweet suited connectors when there are callers between. And even then its every now and then a better play to squueze and get that sweet $ that got killed between the PFR and you. I'm still wondering about pairs, if you 3-bet small pairs preflop the reverse implied odds get a bit hefty and you also might end up losing the showdown to a higher pp that called your flop bet and you failed to pull the trigger on turn and river since you figured he had that K which came on the flop.
Another good reason to 3-bet preflop is that its actually a lot easier to read your opponents hand in these pots and they are a lot less likely to float you on the flop.
Most of the time its better to muck preflop if you cant be the original raiser and your hand cant stand much heat unless it evolves into 2p or better. I also had another idea in my mind which I promptly forgot while I was typing the last sentence, but it was propably something equally stupid so no harm done.