View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Nostalgia, early teens and first actress love

As sad as it sounds I remember having a pretty big crush on Linda Carter as Wonder Woman.

But it soon graduated to Phoebe Cates after seeing the Cinemax partially unscrambled version of Paradise. With the old analog cable boxes you could put the channel on one below Cinemax and turn the adjust knob all the way to the right. This allowed for a pretty clear B&W picture. But the sound was just a horrible beeping noise, so you had to turn it all the way down. Didn't take Mom too long to figure out what was going on after she found the TV like that a few times. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

It was cool though because of the B&W and you had to make up your own dialog, which was always a million times better than actual. Later I saw some of my favorite softcore movies unscrambled and the dialog/plot almost ruined the movie for me to the point of non-performance--but not quite.

Anyway, Phoebe was just insane in that movie. And to this day she has to be my all time HS crush. I was somewhat devasted when she said on David Letterman that a lot of those scenes were a body-double. But no one can take my memories, even if they were false. And she said the showering scene was her. WHEW. I need to rent that movie again...