View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 01:28 PM

Default Ultimate Chalupa trip report (with pics)

My stomach has been feeling non-horrible these past few days. So, I decided to stick with my post from yesterday and get some Ultimate Chalupas.

I tried to sneak out but one of my coworkers nabbed me and gave me $5 to get him a few SSTs (steak soft tacos). No biggie. Light traffic and not much of a drive-thru line for 12:30 and I am back to the office in no time.

My order: chicken Ultimate Chalupa combo with a fruit punch and a steak UC on the side. I have high hopes as this Taco Bell is in a nice area and has rarely let me down even at 2am on a Sunday morning. Let's see what is behind wrapper #1....

Steak! Oh my. So many colors!!! The guac + sour cream combo gives it a slightly mushy texture...but it is warm, fresh and quite yummy. I am pleasantly surprised.

On to the chicken....

OK, gross. The first thing that comes to mind is that I might be chowing down on a Baby's Ass PaPoopa.... but I chow down anyway. Somewhat more mushy than the steak... but still very fresh and not too bad.

Conclusion:
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] guac and I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] sour cream but I think mine were overkilled a little bit. If you got stuck with an old soggy one of these it could be an abysmal failure. Mine were warm and tasty however and I give them 3.5 colon polyps out of 5. Not quite quesadilla/cheesy gordita crunch level of goodness... but something that I hope becomes a menu fixture.

The end!

P.S. I did not win any money with my El Presidente cup. Has anyone ever won a single penny from these promotions?