View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 01:57 AM

Default Re: 1/2 facing 2 opponents with overcards

I don't know about your hand converter issue, but as far as the hand stated goes, you must remember pot odds and implied odds are two different things, and this is not really a matter of implied odds. The first real issue is: is one of your 6 outs going to give you the best hand? Though not knowing the player makes the situation more difficult, I might be worried that he might have made a ragged two pair or possibly top pair w/ a good kicker by defending his blind w/ AJ, KJ, or QJ two of which pose a big problem. You must remember he bet into you after your show of aggression and with you being in position which shows some strength. In terms of pot odds, the break even point for 6 outer is 6.7 to 1 so you actually don't have sufficient odds for this hand even if spiking a pair will win it for you. The only implied odds you have to worry about in this hand are reverse implied odds, i.e. say you spike an ace on the turn and he has two pair, and now you are forced to pay off a better hand maybe even for multiple bets per street. Overall this situation, though I've made it complex is relatively simple. You raised with the better hand, probably got outflopped, the pot is small, the threat of being dominated is large, just save yourself trouble and muck it.

By the way, I'm a long time reader of two plus two publications, but new to this site, and it is truly a quality resource which lives up the solid reputation of the company.