View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 04:30 PM

Default Re: What to do with 55?

I realize and understand perfectly the concept of pot odds regarding this pot. Though I may appear a noob in terms of post count, I have alot of experience playing MTT'S. It is my feeling that this tournament his gotten past the early stage of small blinds (i.e. alot of players entering pots) and has now gotten into the more tight "push or fold" mode. Given my previous experience in similar situations, and given the blinds stack sizes, IMO we will very rarely see a flat call out of position from one of them.The majority of the time you will see a push, in which case a fold of 55 is fine, or a fold from them. This is not a cash game, pot odds will not factor into their decision nearly as much when deciding whether or not to enter the pot. That point aside, even if they do enter the pot, they are more likely than not going to hit the flop with their overs. yes, I realize that 55 is going to have a flop over it 95% of the time, but given that you have position on the blinds, why not, when the flop comes, let them tell you whether or not they hit their overs, by evaluating their bet\check. For example, suppose the flop is 3 6 J. If one of the callers from the blinds check,which they would more than likely not do with top pair J's, just make a standard small c-bet and you will most likely take it down, and for that matter, certainly will if the blinds have missed.