View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 03:58 PM

Default Re: this chick is fat, yo

[ QUOTE ]
Dunleavy sucks so hard.

It is a question of honesty, to an extent. But it's also a matter of the ridiculous standards that the media has implanted in the average male's brain, the intense objectification of women throughout history that persists to this day, and just a matter of courtesy. The average male doesn't understand the effect that the above factors have on the average female. Everyone is insecure, but women in particular have an enormous weight on their shoulders to fit into the male's standard of attractiveness, even when she's smart enough to realize that it's BS. When guys are talking about how a woman is ugly or hot, they never realize how this affects the women in the room. It very strongly reinforces their pressure and insecurity, sometimes to very negative results. So sometimes it's helpful to know that there are women in the room. I'm not saying this is the OP's situation, I'm thinking she's just one of the smart women who wonders why the hell there isn't some kind of reciprocity. The answer here is that it's 99.5% males, so the fat women are going to get bashed and the fat men are going to coddled, and it's somewhat anonymous, so fat ugly men can take potshots at whatever they like from behind their computer screens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude: Carriage returns are your friend. So are bullet-point style lists. I ain't readin that.