View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Default Re: this chick is fat, yo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tennenbaum,

while i'm not personally offended, it pisses me off for the reasons that i think it propogates a culture of misogyny. by having things on this internet forum and guys proving how cool they are by the best insults of women, it propogates the standard that making fun of women makes one cool... that's what pisses me off. the effects things like this have on the overall society, rather than individually potentially offensive things (because i actually have a pretty thick skin and can hold my own when it comes to these things, as those who know me can attest to)

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you're taking the effect of an internet forum way too seriously. People don't actually treat women worse just because they dissect flaws in private. If they have a one night stand and don't call again, it's because of way more than looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah, woah, no, if I dont call after a one night stand, its because the next morning I realized I made a mistake and was too drunk to see she wasnt good looking, who wants to go out with a non-good looking girl who will go sleep w/ you after a night, rather than a good looking girl who will too. Im shallow, Im the first to admit it. I treat fat people, people who dont take care of themselves, etc, much more coldly at first than someone who obviously has some self-respect and takes the time to not look like a fat slob. I dont give a [censored] what you think about me, but most people do this, subconsciencely or not.