View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 06:11 AM

Default Re: More about position

[ QUOTE ]
It is said that one should play looser on preflop the closer one is to the button. So, if im in the middle position and the preflop is folded to me, i should play cards that i woudln´t from early position ? The less premium ones, but not drawing cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the closer to the button you get with no limpers, the stronger high card strength becomes. Hands like KTo, which you would normally limp with(or fold) you should consider raising. Other hands(like T9s) should be discarded, simply because there are less players in the pot.

[ QUOTE ]
In a 10 player table, usually at least one person has premium cards in preflop. If the round is indeed folded to me, then, it´s likely that some one behind me holds those premium cards. That leaves me with a less good hand against a premium hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this statement. Premium holdings are fairly rare. While I agree that the likelyhood increases of it occuring after you, it's not enough to worry that it's going to be there: don't fear monsters under the bed or you'll only end up playing QQ KK AA and AK[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I hope that makes sense.