View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 03:51 AM

Default Enhancing your Multi-tabling - Position Advice

[ QUOTE ]
That being said, I will prefer to have position on a TAG (tight and aggressive player, the kind of foe I wish to avoid as much as possible), than to have position on a target.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it possible that the editors of the "Two Plus Two Internet Magazine" could make a slight effort to keep blatantly wrong advice out of its articles?

it should be plain to see for everyone with a basic understanding of poker theory that it is more advantageous to have position on people that you want to be involved in pots with rather than having position on people who you would prefer to avoid competing for pots with

even if you had no preference at all whether you got involved in pots with your "targets" or with a TAG the math behind the superiority of having position on your target is simple

if your target sees 50% of flops while the TAG at the table only sees 25%, even if your involvement in the pot was completely random you are still gonna be in twice as many pots with your target than the TAG

unless im wrong and as a poker player one should prefer to play the majority of their hands out of position, i don't see how a statement like this in an article will have anything but a negative affect on someone reading the magazine in an attempt to improve their poker ability