View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 10:09 PM

Default short handed on great table

argh, just had a really frustrating session. I was playing against 4 opponents who were 50-60% vpip at .25/.5 stars and v low AF. I was roughly following a 6max chart but a few notches looser. I finished down about 30-40BB because I think I was being too aggressive and I think I had a really LAG image because of all my preflop aggression and continuation bets which I usually followed through with on the turn. My cards weren't great but they weren't terrible either. I just think I might have been bluffing the fish too much - just because I showed preflop aggression. I also had trouble isolating because the SB and BB didn't usually fold (should I even be isolating here when they are all very loose?).
I kept getting hands like this...

I'm MP with KTs
UTG limps, I raise, button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop
Q86 rainbow
check, check, I bet, call, call
Turn
check, check, I bet (wrong?), call, call

River
J
check, check, I check

One of them has a pair of 6s and one has K high.

MY blind stealing success was very low too.

Lets say you are OOP vs a player who follows this simple formula what should you do?

Plays 50% of hands.
Calls any raise preflop,
will call down with any pair, calls to river with any 2 but won't call a river bet without a pair.
Will only raise with 2 pair or better.
will always bet if checked to. (due to my lag image, i think i'm more enjoyable to them to bluff when I give up betting my unimproved cards on the river).

I just kept feeling like I was spewing all the time trying to bluff a calling station with overs or one over to the board on the flop. Should I check/fold more turns? Bet more rivers with nothing?

Is it still ok to steal from the button with something like A4o when the blinds are loose?

I felt like a maniac, and the way to beat a maniac is to play passive so they were pretty much countering me :/