View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 08:07 AM

Default Re: no hand, small pot, oh well

[ QUOTE ]
I think your range is way too small. He only has 30 hands on the guy and they are playing very shorthanded, high stakes poker, and he opened on the button. Hands like 97o and J6s are just as likely. The flop check by him is very strange. He either has a monster or absolutely nothing and he feels like this is a flop where the BB isn't going anywhere and/or he is going to get checkraised.

When the turn comes an ace and the BB checks again, he is pretty much obligated to bet with any hand given how likely it is the BB can't call. But notice its just about impossible for him to have an ace, because that's a good flop for an ace high hand, which has a gutshot in addition to often the best hand. So he either has something huge like a set, or a flopped wheel, or more likely, two cards between 5 and Ace. Now the river Queen isn't a great card for us, as its likely to hit many of those unpaired hands, and that's why I'm sure wheelz intended to check/fold the river. But it is close, because there are plenty of combos left of weird middle cards that have totally missed. The biggest problem I see is we have no kicker for our king high, and check/calling and losing to another king high would suck a lot.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

This all makes some sense, but the pot is 2 BBs!!!! Why bother? Trying to outplay someone OOP in a small pot is -EV.