View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 01:40 PM

Default Re: WPT/WsoP impact on cash games?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to Vegas tomorrow. I understand the Mirage WPT main event starts on Sunday, and that Caesars has some WSoP circuit stuff going.

How does this impact cash games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Caesars has been very busy during the WSOP Circuit. The 2/5 games were looser than normal (though there seemed to be more grumpy players than usual--bad enough they drove me out of the game Saturday and I moved to NL1/2 after like the 4th serious tantrum in an hour that held up the game). But the 1/2 was better than normal, too, so that was fine. And they've had NL5/10 going on two tables most of the time and got one NL10/25 going as well a couple days.

But that's all winding down. $10K event is into day 3 now. The $500 tourney they did yesterday only got 80-some entrants. So I think that little roll is basically over.

I wandered by Mirage this weekend about 2pm as a $1000 or $2000 WPT event was going on and the cash games seemed dead. So I headed over to Caesars where they were not at all dead. Perhaps the Mirage action will pick up as the WSOP Circuit dies off.