View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 08:48 AM

Default Re: A live hand, JTo in the CO - 5 handed

Ok Pedro has let the cat out of the bag. LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I didnt play this hand. I saw it posted in the high stakes section of the forum, and thought that it would be interesting to show the hand here to see what people thought of it.

Apparently this hand was played live at a place called the Borgata in Atlantic City and the stakes were $80/$160 !

The hero's reasoning for the play of his hands was along the following lines:

Preflop raise was an attempt to steal the blinds.

He made a continuation bet on the flop and decided to call his opponent's raise to see if he improved on the turn.

On the turn, hero picked up a gut-shot draw and so decided to try a semi-bluff with a donk bet. He then considered that he was getting sufficient odds (8.5:1) to call his opponent's raise. He felt that he could make up another 2 bets if he made his hand on the river.

Hero then check called the river, when he made a pair, incase his opponent was bluffing with air.

If I had played this hand, I think that I would have folded preflop.

And if someone had posted this hand here, I might have suggested that they buy themselves a copy of SSHE.

Thats because the play of this hand looked terrible to me ! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I obviously have a lot to learn about how to play at high stakes ! LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]