View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Andy B\'s 4000th Post: The Book Thread to End All Book Threads

Hello All,

Andy has asked me to make some input on this subject, so here I go....

The poker books of all poker books is The Theory of Poker by Sklansky. It has been since its first publishing, and it still is today..

Now as far as Stud books go, there are only 2 I usually recommend.. and that depends on wether you or a beginner or expereinced player.

For beginners, I always tell people to read the Roy West book. Sure, some of his writings contradict each other, and some of the strategies are outdated.. but I can think of NO other book that is easier reading and more consice for the begining player. It is the first dedicated 7 stud book I ever bought, and I have made a dollar or two over the years. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FOr the more experienced players, I recommend 7CSFAP ( 21st century edition ).. Although I am having issues with this book now, ONLY beacuse, there are SO FEW games left like the book is modeled for.. ( Tell me how many $15-30 stud games are left in this country.. That would actually be a good other thread.. hmmmm...... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

CJ