View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 05:26 AM

Default \"Ask Me\" about Introductory Biology

That's right. Tron, OOT Legend, has finally made an "Ask Me" post.

I certainly don't expect this post to achieve the popularity that the great Ask Me's of the past concerning Magic The Gathering and incarceration did, but I do hope that some of you will find it useful. To be completely honest, I am not making this post only out of my love for OOT, but also out of my love for good grades, because I have a final in (You guessed it!) introductory biology in a few days and I could use all the studying I can get. I figured this would be a neat way to ehance my knowledge and share it with the forum that has given me so much. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm in Biological Sciences 220 at USC, which is the introductory class that most Pre-Med students take. I am not Pre-Med, but rather a Neuroscience major with plans of going to law school. Here are the topics we've covered this year:

The Cell
Cell Membranes
Energy & Cell Metabolism
Cell Communication
The Cell Cycle
Mitosis
Meiosis
Nutrition and Digestion
Circulation
Gas Exchange
Immunity
Excretion
Chemical Signals*
Reproduction*
Neural Signals*
Synapses*
Muscles & Movement*

Those topics marked with an astersik are worth a disproportionate amount on the final (half of all points will come from these topics), so it would be super-awesome if you could ask me lots of questions about them.

With that in mind... Have at it!