View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:07 PM

Default a 10/20 hand a friend played

Live 10/20 game that I did not witness; I am not the hero in this hand, a friend of mine sent it to me via email. Because we are friends its better if I let you guys have a crack at commenting on the hero's play. I don't want to get involved. Hero is assumed to be a good TAG, and a regular 2+2'er who visits the strategy forums. If the people who were involved in this hand read it, please don't comment until the thread is finished.

4-5 limpers, Hero has AcQc in the SB and raises, everyone comes along.

Flop is Q53, two hearts. Hero bets, Rich raises, Bus calls two cold (he is a smart enough player, hero assumes he has hearts), a fold, and mega-donkey calls on the button. Hero decides to call and check-raise a safe turn. He thinks Rich will bet, and if not Mega-Donkey will bet every time, allowing him to check-raise the field.

He feels that if he three-bets the flop, then he's not getting raised if he sees a safe turn which lowers his expected value. He feels the only question is whether or not Rich will raise a turn donk. If so, he thinks he should have bet the turn.

(interesting side note, Bus commented in the email that was sent between us that if Bret was going 3-bet the flop then he would have likely capped. Feel free to comment on this as well).

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]