View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 07:02 PM

Default Re: United 93 - A review ***LONG***

[ QUOTE ]
What I liked:

How the passengers were portrayed as ordinary people stuck in a situation beyond control. There wasn't any movie heroism involved, it was simple, they did what they could do which is realistic and probably what happened. They weren't portrayed as these Bruce Willis action hero's but scared citizens which was correct, imo.

No hollywood glitz and glamour to the film.

Anyone who says its "too soon" or "it's not sensitive to the families" isn't thinking. The film is portraying a group of people as heroes, people that did everything they could to foil a plan and we don't know "exactly" where the plane was going (white house/capital) but it was the only plane that didn't hit its target. Sensitive? If I were a family member I would have been proud watching this, anyone who complains is just looking for something to complain about, as always.

What I didn't like:

I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion but I thought some of the movie was somewhat slow. I do like that they showed what the Air-traffic Controllers had to go through and what a complete disaster this day was and how completely blind-sided we were but as a member of the audience I "got" this the first hour during the back and forths and I was getting restless.

That was about it.

I really liked the movie, but I am pretty sure you liked it more than I.

[/ QUOTE ]

well....yeah....

Slow??? I'm not sure the filmmakers could've gotten me more on the edge of my seat without using a cattleprod.

I thought the slow buildup to the first plane being hijacked was very well done.