View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Player turns up hand. You make the call.

[ QUOTE ]
6/12 IIRC at the Mirage. HU on the river. UTG player bets out on a board like 8 k 2 q j with a possible flush. LP player raises. The dealer doesn't indicate the action back to utg and utg flips up a qj after a couple seconds. A couple players tell him that the action is back on him.

Dealer says it's too late and mucks the face up 2 pair of utg. Then she realizes all hell is about to break loose and pushes the pot towards the lp player. The pot isn't mixed with his chips yet. The LP player starts saying "you can call you can still call" like he's got him beat. The dealer is saying he can't, and the utg player is just stuned.

I say to the UTG player, "He's telling you he has you beat," and then wish I had instead said "Floor!" when the utg player doesn't try to call (but doesn't say he isn't calling) and the lp player flips over ace high and rakes in the pot.

summary:
Utg had qj and didn't call. LP had ace high and was awarded the pot.
So,

1. Should the dealer have called the floor and stopped the hand?

2. What should the floor's decision be at any part of this?

edited to add a wee bit of clarity

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty odd. I'd say that the dealer made a mistake in declaring his hand dead. Turning the cards up is not the same as mucking them. The floor should have been called over to sort this out.

LP is a stone cold idiot for trying to induce a call afterwords when he can actually see that the hand would beat him and he deserves to lose his money.