Thread: Eating Healthy
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Eating Healthy

Good for you man, glad to see the sudden urge here to get healthy. Your plan seems great and very well thought out. Some tips/pointers:

1. Caffeine-free diet sodas: Fresca, Diet Sierra Mist, etc. If you want to cut out the caffeine but still love the taste of soda, give these a shot. Natural juice isn't that great but it's not that awful, so 1 glass a day should be fine.

2. WATER: You are not drinking enough water. I can say this with confidence because none of us really do. The key to successful weight loss and general fitness is tons and tons of water. If your urine is not clear, you are not drinking enough.

3. Breakfast: I love Kashi cereals - high in protein, low in fat, and great tasting. I'd give them a try, and also try either Egg Beaters or All Whites. Turkey sausage is fine too as long as it's not daily.

4. Snacks: Nuts, protein bars, pita and hummus, and low-fat cottage cheese are all good healthy snacks. Bananas are good for you, people who think they aren't are stupid/wrong.

5. Dinner: Baked potatoes and rice are great for you, just skip the butter and sour cream and maybe use a little barbecue sauce. Grilled chicken, grilled fish, turkey burgers, etc. are great main dishes for dinner. Just go online and look for different marinades and sauces for your meat and you'll be surprised that you won't get tired/bored.

6. Dessert: To satisfy a sweet tooth, sugar free Popsicles are delicious and only have 10-30 calories a piece, so you could even eat 2 of them and still be fine.

Best of luck to you. You might want to head on over to bodybuilding.com for more recipe/nutrition ideas. Also, as OOT's self-proclaimed fitness expert, feel free to PM me with any questions. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]