View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 03:17 PM

Default Re: NYC Trip Report - Diablo as my wing

A buddy and I went out to do some light sarging last night. Kevin had been talking with this Danish guy that he had met on one of the boards and we met up with him at the Cat and Fiddle in Hollywood. I was opening a 2 set in the middle of the beer garden when Jonas, the Danish guy, nudged me and said, "Do you know who that is, that's Mystery." I was in shock. I mean what the hell would Mystery be doing at a place like this? I've lived in LA for almost 4 years and I rarely get star struck--but this was a different story. I actually went over to him and introduced myself. He explained to me that he was about to move to LA in a month or so and he was in town this weekend to run a seminar with two of his students. Mystery was very tall and somewhat gawky, he wasn't outlandishly dressed like Style described, though he did have painted nails. I told him that I was new to the scene and immediately asked if he wanted to barter his services for one on one poker lessons. Unfortunately he wasn’t that enthusiastic about gambling, though he did stay and talked with me for over 15 minutes. "If you use the algorithm that I put forth you will succeed”, was the last statement that ended our conversation. The myth, the man, the legend, has hooked me.