View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Frustrating... should I go back?

[ QUOTE ]

You might be right on that one... when I moved up was around the same time I started multi-tabling (only 2-4 tables)... and I felt like I was chasing more draws down to the river... stuff I wouldn't do as much before.

But could something like that make such (+270BB vs -140BB) a differency?

[/ QUOTE ]
As others have noted rake accounts for half of your losses while you were playing an unraked limit before. The change in pre-flop raise percentage has also been noted, as has the large change in win percentage at showdown.

On the .10/.20 graph I am noticing very steep slopes on the upswings and downswings, indicating high variance. I might surmise one of two causes for that. Tilt can definitely result in very steep lines, but there is also the comment you made about multi-tabling and chasing a lot of draws. If you are chasing a large number of draws to the river and not hitting many your graph will look like lots of large losses interrupted by the occasional big wins when a low percentage draw does hit. This also matches the graph behavior.

My guess is that you felt ready to move levels because you ran white-hot at the end of your lower level graph. Then you moved up, multi-tabled, got a bit passive in your play calling and chasing rather than attacking, hit the rake and quite possibly ran a bit bad. That's a perfect storm that can easily explain your losses especially if there was some tilt in there.

Don't get down on yourself. Just drop back to your old level for a short time until you regain your confidence and when you move up stick to only one or two tables until you get your feet under you. If you only play one or two tables you can also spend some time looking for soft tables to get your BR and your confidence up. I hope things turn around for you. Good luck.